Samsung has announced the S Pean SDK 2.3 for developers. The latest version of the SDK touts the following features:
Object-related features have been added
- A video object insertion feature has been added, allowing a user to insert a video object into the canvas and play it directly.
- Related APIs such as object grouping, depth controlling and stroke data controlling have been added so that the user can experience greater control when using editing objects.
Drawing-related features have been added
- A Pen gesture feature has been added, allowing you to set various gestures as pre-define commands.
- This allows customization of the background for a more unique user experience.
Performance enhancements and stabilization have been improved.
- The efficiency of memory usage has been improved.
- The Signature recognition feature has been improved using pressure recognition.
- A drawing texture feature has been enhanced.
Unnecessary and duplicate APIs have been deprecated, and the names of some APIs have been changed.
- Deprecated methods can be used in the previous 2.2.5 version and the current version, but they will be removed in future versions
Some errors in S Pen SDK 2.2.5 have been corrected in this release.
By using the S Pen SDK, you can easily add various S Pen features to your applications.
It provides the necessary functionality to take 100% advantage of the S Pen, including checking if the S Pen is activated, checking coordinates, sensing pen pressure, detecting the on/off status of the side button on the pen, and handling hover events, which is supported on Android Ice Cream Sandwich or later.
Also, it provides various additional features such as a drawing environment with animation support, pen, eraser and text property settings in the drawing environment, adding image objects, image processing and signature recognition. These additional features make it easy to develop various apps that are specialized for S Pen.
You can download the latest SDK from http://developer.samsung.com/s-pen-sdk/sdk/S-Pen-SDK-2-3 and the online documentation is also available at the same link.